Remote Physician Scheduling
Vision WebSuite: Web Scheduling Between Physician Office and Surgery Center
SourceMedical continually seeks creative approaches to improve service and increase the utilization and efficiency of our customers' facilities. One area that frequently comes to our attention is the inefficiency in the scheduling process between the physician office and surgery center. This has led to the development of a new product called SourcePlus WebSuite, an innovative approach to providing physician offices with Internet-based access to the surgeon's surgery schedule while continuing to provide the surgery center with the required level of control and security. WebSuite is interfaced with our Vision asc software and specialty hospital software solutions
SourcePlus WebSuite allows the provider's office to view the surgical schedule for surgeon's performing cases at the ASC. The provider's office staff can add cases, cancel blocked time, and communicate with the surgery center staff via a secure Web-based connection.
The ASC determines and controls the level of accessibility to the ASC schedule as well as to the office staff users with access through a secure and HIPAA-compliant portal. The surgeon's office will not see the ASCs entire surgery schedule but rather a suggested list of time slots for performing the type of procedure they want to schedule,
- Provides flexible scheduling options allowing the ASC to control whether participating surgeons can create appointments or whether their appointments are treated as requests requiring approval by the ASC
- Synchronizes with Vision's core settings to ensure appropriate entry of patient data in the scheduling process
- Performs conflict checking in several areas including verification of surgeons' credentials and privileging
- HIPAA-compliant and encrypted on SunGard Servers controls patient privacy allowing only WebSuite schedulers to access their surgeons' patient information only
- Provides the ability to send notes to the ASC with the appointment or request
- Color codes appointments within the Vision scheduling grid to easily identify appointment requests created via the WebSuite portal
- And many other key features...