|Insurance Grid Rules
Do you have a change in a patient’s insurance? If so, please follow this helpful information to prevent future problems.
- If a patient’s insurance changes, remember to utilize the Effect To field to term out an insurance carrier.
- Add the new insurance carrier to a new line in the grid and utilize the Effect From field to point new charges/claims to this new/ updated insurance carrier.
- If the Primary Insurance changes and it was listed on Line 1 with the Secondary Insurance listed on Line 2, you must term out each insurance using the Effect To field and add the new Primary Insurance on Line 3 and the new Secondary Insurance on Line 4.
- Utilize the Effect To field(s) to term out the old insurance(s) you no longer wish to bill.
- Add an Effect From date for new line(s) added to the grid.
Note: NEVER delete, insert, or replace insurance rows in the Patient Information>Insurance Grid.